Tuesday 25 May 2010

What about photography?

Photography has always been one of my biggest hobby and I take it quite seriously, I guess.haha..I still remember the days I played with my dad's Nikon FM2 when I was young. It is such a solid DSLR beautifully crafted by Nikon. Dad do teach me about photography ( shutter speed, aperture etc. etc.) ...I start to get serious on it since year 2009 to be precise. So, who is the hooligan who 'poison' me with photography?!!!?!?!He is my 'xifu' Hiyin Tiong. He teaches me a lot about photography. Many thanks to him! I started to develop a huge interest in photography after a photography trip with Hiyin Tiong, E-jinq, JS Phang, Shu Yi and Jo Lyn last summer at alor star airport and Darul Aman lake. I believe Jo Lyn is a victim as well..haha..

Believe me, I sucked at photography before the trip, not much better now anyway..haha..Purchasing a DSLR and high end lenses doesn't mean that you can take beautiful pictures. Since the launch of entry level DSLR, I believe that a lot of people have a wrong perception that DSLR will guarantee beautiful pictures. It will make things even worst if using a DSLR without the knowledge of using it. Learning photography is an endless, but interesting journey.

Currently I am using my brother's Canon IXUS 850 compact camera. The output was stunning compare to other cameras. It is certainly a value for money compact. I am craving for DSLR at the moment as I felt that I have pushed the compact camera to the limit. Currently I am still wondering whether to go for Canon 50D or Nikon D90. I believe I will go for Nikon D90 as it is cheaper compare to 50D (can't afford 50D anyway)..hahhaa.. and the output was superb. The reason why I consider 50D because Canon seems to have a lot of activities compare to Nikon. Does those activities mean a lot to me?No idea at the moment. Regarding pose-processing, I am using Adobe Photoshop CS4. I am keen to give Lightroom and Photomatix a go as well. Heard that Photomatix is really good in HDR processing. Here are so shots during spring and summer 2010. Hope you all will enjoy it!The picture quality is actually quite low to cater for web page loading.

I am not a pro, nor a photographer. I am just a person who appreciate photography.






















5 comments:

  1. chia khai!
    me love these pictures :D
    i m currently using a nikon d90, i can tell u that u sure wont regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx Lyn Xiu!!wow...I guess I will go for D90 then!hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. opss..sorry Shu Yi..forgot to mention you in the darul aman photography trip..haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha..thx Zi Sheng..you're a lot better and talented than me!

    ReplyDelete